Sequence and Structure Analysis
Authors: The ASTRAL database was
created by John-Marc Chandonia, Naomi K. Fox, Degui Zhi, Gary Hon, Loredana Lo Conte, Nigel Walker, Patrice Koehl, Michael Levitt, and Steven E. Brenner.
- Fox NK, Brenner SE, Chandonia JM. 2013. SCOPe: Structural Classification of Proteins—extended, integrating SCOP and ASTRAL data and classification of new structures. Nucl. Acids Res. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkt1240. [PDF]
- Chandonia JM, Hon G, Walker NS, Lo Conte L, Koehl P, Levitt M, Brenner SE. The ASTRAL compendium in 2004. Nucleic Acids Research
32:D189-D192 (2004). [PDF]
- Chandonia JM, Walker NS, Lo Conte L, Koehl P, Levitt M, Brenner SE. ASTRAL compendium enhancements. Nucleic Acids Research
30:260-263 (2002). [PDF]
- Brenner SE, Koehl P, Levitt M. The ASTRAL
compendium for sequence and structure analysis.
Nucleic Acids Research
28:254-256 (2000). [PDF]
The ASTRAL compendium provides databases and
tools useful for analyzing protein structures and their sequences.
It is partially derived from, and augments the
SCOP: Structural Classification of Proteins
Most of the resources provided
here depend upon the coordinate files maintained
and distributed by the Protein Data Bank.
New version available - new location!
- ASTRAL data have now been integrated
into the new SCOPe website.
to get the new versions of both SCOPe and
Current Version: 2.04, released July 11, 2014